Sunday, January 10, 2010

STORY

Hehe... Very bored so I decided to post a story that I had created.Enjoy!

Prologue
I sprawled messily on the earthy ground,clutching the necklace in my hand with all my might.My body ached in fatigue, my mind a whirl of confusion.The sound of the thumping hooves of the horses was getting louder. I knew that they were coming...

CHAPTER ONE
Casty is my name,and I used to live a normal and typical life.Staying in the countryside,I did not have many friends and eventually turned to fantasy for entertainment. My entire life revolves around daydreaming...once my greatest companion. Such a good friend of mine had became a foe, and I deeply regretted my actions. Never did it ocour to me at that point of time, that it would betray and go against me.

I found the necklace while feeding the ducks, with their heads bobbing up and down so adorably.It was under a rough granite rock,with edges so rough that even looking at it would hurt. It seemed to have a mysterious aura,luring me towards it. Never did I know that my discovery would be the first step to the danger that awaits,a danger that was deadly,but difficult to sense. It was just like the process of death-a slow pprocess that we would hardly take note of,untill it arives...

The necklace was magnificent,even when it was smudged with grime. There was something special about it,and it seemed so much like an object only found in a fairy tale world. Actually, the necklace itself was not that impressive,for it was just a few pieces of string bonded to each other. Instead, it was the presence of the precious stone, which makes it stand out. The feeling that it gives was more brillant than a candle in a pitch dark cave, and it amazed me. It was incredable what it could change. The stone. I found out, was an unpolished sapphire,quite a big one indeed. There was an intangible sense of mystery about it,something that intrudges me,something that arouses my curiosity. There was a strange and palpable bond between us,similar to a bond that links a long lost relative and oneself.

I gripped it hard in my hand,savoring every minute,feeling the cool hard surface of the precious stone. Yellow and orange leaves swirled down from the beech tree behind me and danced around me as I walked away.

"Mum, I am going out again!" I shouted, barely hearing my own vopice over the blaring music that was coming from the radio. Rushing out before Mother could decline to my request,I sighed. The precious stone in my hand felt cool to the touch,relieving me from the heat of the golden rays that was coming from the merciless sun. Such weather was unexpected,for it was the middle of autumn. However,I missed the welcoming sunh very much,with its arms carassing me whenever I was within its reach. Thinking about that,a smile broke across my face. "Surely nothing can dampen my spirits today!" I exclaimed. Later, I found out that I was terribly wrong... TO BE CONTINUED

No comments:

Post a Comment